|RIP 1||10.35||RIP 1||-- --||RIP 1||-- --|
|LANG-EN||-- --||LANG-EN||-- --||LANG-EN||08.02|
|LANG-FR||-- --||LANG-FR||-- --||LANG-FR||08.02|
1) Wavy lines from the lead edge to the trailing
edge of the document. Problem with scanning off the glass as well as
from the test prints.
- Check to make sure pins on connector J2502 are not bent on the Laser Scanner Assembly.
- If problem persists then .....
- Defective Laser Scanner Assembly.
- Replace the Laser Scanner Assembly.
2) Machine Resets when making copies . The
machine sits in wait mode and will then power down and then up.
- Problem with the system software.
- Using Service Support Tool Ver. 1.25 or higher, perform hard drive format and then reload the system software to resolve this issue.
3) No Power , No Control Panel Display,
Machine Locks Up When Preparing To Print, E010/012/0732, Jam Codes 0A03.
- One of the main harness cables are being rubbed up against the waste toner cap storage plate..
- Remove the rear cover and apply electrical tape to the wire harness or........
- Apply electrical tape to the right face of the waste toner cap storage plate to prevent the burrs on the plate to rub up against the wire harness.
4) Message on the display panel will indicate
"Reservation Copies Can Be Made" but nothing happens.
The fixing temperature stays constant at 41 degrees Celsius.
- Broken Connectors on J251 mounted on the machines rear plate.
5) Black Lines in Steam Reading mode only.
- Adjust the Shading Target (SH-TRGT)from 190 to 210.
- If problem still persist then clean the CCD and do the CCD Adjustment.
- Make sure the SH-TRGT is set to 210.
6) Duplex Flappers Front Claw is damaged when
the Duplex Tray is slid open due to the amount of up & down play of
The two front claws catch the bottom of the feeder assembly.
-Duplexer Flapper Damaged, Replace the flapper, Part number FB5-3304-000.
7) Light copy, incomplete image, please see copy
- Connector J2502 on the Laser Assembly PCB (3 pin connector) are bent.
- Be sure that the pins are in contact with the connector.
- It is possible to plug in to the connector with the pins not being in the proper places.
- This connector will not generate any error codes but it will generate copy quality problems!
Click the image to make it Larger.
8) Printing 11x17 and not Letter when setup for
Auto Paper is Selected.
- Check to make sure that the Booklet is turned Off.
- Additional Function > Printer Settings > Settings > Booklet, turn off this function.
9) Letter Head
Paper , Image Is Reversed
- When the Letter Head paper is placed in the machine, the image is printed up side down.
- The letter head paper needs to be placed in a cassette drawer in the LTR read direction (Towards the Rear of the Machine).
- Turn "ON" the Auto Orientation under the Cpier Settings under Addtional Functions. This will correct the image direction.
10) The copier is not reading the proper paper
size off the glass.
-Clear the reader controller in Service Mode>Copier > Function > Clear.
- Enter the settings indicated on the service label. Service Mode > Copier > Adjustments > CCD
- Perform the CCD adjustment in Service Mode>Copier> Function > CCD-ADJ
11) No Power when the machine is first turned
- Check the output voltages from the DC power supply.
- If all the power voltages are present but there is still no display, then
- Remove all the loads from the DC power supply and then start to reconnect one output line at a time.
- Make sure the power is off when reconnecting the connectors to the DC power supply.
- This will pin point the problem to the board or area of the machine where the power supply is being loaded down.
12) No Control Panel Backlight. The display is
- Check the fuse on the back side of the control panel.
- If the fuse is blown, replace the fuse.
13) E677-5803 Codes
- No network board installed on the machine.
- Install the proper system software .
- In this case the system software for copier needed to be installed to solve this problem.
14) E-350 code when the machine is first turned
- Check J1023 on the main controller to see if the connection to the main controller is secure.
15) E-601-0001 codes. The screen stays blank
and the machine will not power up.
- If you can, format the hard drive and reload system software.
- If that does not work then, Replace the Hard Drive.
16) E-733 error codes. Communication problem
between the Main Controller and the DC Controller.
- On two separate occasions the power supply needed to be replaced.
- Make sure to check the output voltages of the power supply.
17) E-530-0002 code indicated. Finisher
- The following has been changed, home position sensor (PI6), and motor (m3).
- Adjusting the alignment plate position, check wiring from PI6 to the Finisher Controler and remove any tie wraps to aleviate pressure on the wires.
Photo/Text Mode Locks the Machine.
- When switching between Photo/Text Modes the machine will lock up.
- Perform an MMI Clear to resolve this issue.
- MMI Clear will Clear ALL IP Addresses, ID Modes, Passwards Deptment ID's etc........
- Back up the informaiton before you perfrom the MMI Clear in Service Mode.
19) Procedure for setting up the BOOT ROM for
the iR-5000S (Old Main Controller)
- Power down copier.
- Remove rear cover of the machine
- Fit the ROM DIMM intended to be flashed into connector J1009 on the main controller (at this point you will have 2 ROM DIMM's in the machine.)
- Connect the bi-centronics cable between the machine and the copier
- Power up the computer and enter the service support tool.
- Enter service mode on the ir-5000,
- Once your in the down load mode on the copier, go to the computer and select the "boot" program under the ir-5000 section of the service support tool.
- Flash the boot rom.
- See the progress bar indicating the progress of the download work.
- When the download ends press OK > return to unit select menu > OK > Return to main menu > End service support tool.
- On the copier turn off the main power switch and disconnect the power plug
- Replace the ROM DIMM fitted to the connector J1009 of the main controller into the J1010 on the main controller.
- Mount the main controller cover.
- Mount the upper main cover.
The part number for the ROM DIMM is
20) What is the difference between the New
iR-5000 Main Controller and the Old iR-5000 Main Controller?
New Main Controller
- Will have the serial number starting with MPMxxxxx.
- Upgrading the PDL requires a Multi PDL Printer Kit -A2
- The registration system software name for the firmware is "iR-5000d"
- A press on the Counter Check key will cause the notation "d" for copier and "dn" for networked printer to be indicated in the lower
left of the touch panel
- A press on the Counter Check Key on the control panel will bring up the "Device Config.
- This will cause various version information to be displayed.
- Main Board version ( This will give part revision number of the Main controller PCB)
- Controller Version (MN-CONT / BOOT-ROM / DC-CON)
- Scanner Version (R-CON / FEEDER)
- Finisher Version (Sorter/ SDL-STCH)
- Device Information
- The Main controller is based on PC133 Standards, the existing memory cannot be used on the new controller.
- The new main controller only has One Boot Dimm Slot
- Part Number for the New controller is FG6-7904-000
Old Main Controller
- The machine will have serial number starting with NRFxxxxx
-Multi Printer Board Kit A-1 is used.
- The registration system software name for the firmware is "iR-5000"
-The old main controller has 2 Boot Dimm Slots.
- The old main controller is based on the PC100 standards
- Part Number for the Old Main Controller is FG6-6531-000
21) Can the ID System Password be reset
in service mode?
- Yes, with System Software Version 5.01 or higher must be installed onto the machine to get this function in Service mode.
- Enter Service Mode > Copier >Function > PWD-CLR
22) The Network Print jobs print with
pauses between pages. Is there a way I can fix this?
Yes. The IR5000 has a feature called Print after completing RIP
When this feature is turned on, the IR5000 waits until the entire print job is ripped before the first page is printed
This way, the entire job is printed at once rather with pauses between pages.
Additional Functions > Printer Settings > Settings > Down twice > Print After Completing Rip.
23) What does the
MMI Clear Do?
The MMI Clear will remove information pertaining to the Machine User Settings.
Some of the item include, ID Modes, ID Group, Passwords, Mode Memory, IP Addresses .......
Please Print out the User Data Lists, P-Print and any other prints before clearing MMI.
24) How can the
job logs be cleared on the iR-5000 series machines?
- The job log can be cleared by formatting the DOSDEV partition on the Hard Drive.
- Then Reload System Software and reboot the machine.
- Network settings will not be effected by the format of the Hard drive.
25) E-584 on a
- The swing guide assembly, over time will produce a flat spot on the swing guide lifter collar.
- Parts Manual , page Q38 item # 23 , FB5-5860-000.
26) What is the
Maximum number of Department ID's and Passwords that can be stored on
the iR-5000 machines?
- The maximum number of Deprtment ID'sand Paswords that can be stored on the iR-5000 machine is 1000.
- Check switch MSW2.
- The switch may be loose or misadjusted.
If you find an error or wish to make a comment, please Let Me Know.